Friday 21 December 2012

Is that an elephant?

I am breathing a sigh of relief this morning because yesterday I managed to complete my website updates in time for the end of the world. I don't know about you but I couldn't face exploding and leaving the remnants of a incomplete website to float around in the ether, my conscious, I am sure, would leave me in purgatory. But it seems this morning that the world hasn't ended which is slightly disappointing, it means I might actually have to get on and tackle the rest of my to do list. Damn.....

Updating my website, this time, was interesting as I decided to make a fact sheet for each of my paintings that are up for sale (oh hooray, even more work to do each time I upload a new painting!) As I tend to make things up as I go along it was quite good to have to sit and re-evaluate each image analytically and try to think of something to say other than 'found paint, spilt on floor, mushed around, pretty, pretty!'

I think my favourite description was:

"A graphic interpretation of a beautiful heart-stopping sunset over Laguna Beach in California.  Sunlight ripples on the sand, silhouetted rocks in the sea, watery sunset in the background, burnished streaky clouds in the sky. I am in love". 

Tell it like it is. I am not into the school of thinking that makes art inaccessible 'the elephant is obviously a retrograde expression of the condition of human credibility in the modern era due to a mistrust of sociably accepted idioms, the purge of life as existential realism and philosophy on an otherwise base soul of the lowest degree.'

Hmm, ok....

Are you sure it isn't just an elephant?  


No comments:

Post a Comment