Sunday 20 January 2013

Submarine

Right, having mentioned previously that I am getting behind with my blog posts it is time to churn out a few as the situation is only getting worse. The problem is I have had an exciting art weekend so do I a) ignore all the other posts because I am excited or b) write about a film I watched last weekend before I can't remember it? I guess as my memory is on a weekly refresh rate I ought to do the film first. Oh well, exciting news coming soon....

So my film of choice is a little left field and maybe at the time a little odd but it is definitely a grower - one of those films that makes you smile/laugh a few days afterwards. It is a quirky teenage coming-of-age film from the perspective of a teenage boy but is refreshingly not hopelessly full of sex references (well it kind of is but not disgustingly so). It has some really classic moments in it and is utterly hilarious in a quiet Welsh way so I thoroughly recommend giving it a watch. I had been waiting to watch it for ages and it certainly didn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment