Thursday 14 February 2013

Tyrannosaur

Valentines Day - we meet again. Never mind.

I watched a film yesterday that I am glad I did not watch this evening - it was hardly the stuff dreams are made of, nightmares maybe but certainly not dreams. I got a 6 month Lovefilm subscription for Christmas and I have been making the most of it, as soon as I signed in I hastily filled up my rental basket with 40 films I 'wanted' to watch and set their arrivals to random. I say 'wanted' as it has been interesting so far...'Ted', ok but a bit too crude for me, 'The Ides of March', also not bad but political dramas are not my usual cup of tea - Ryan Gosling and George Clooney in the same movie though? Like I am going to not watch it!? Tyrannosaur was by far the worst arrival, I read the back and couldn't work out why I even decided I wanted to watch it in the first place. Ironically it was really good and definitely the best of the three and good enough for me to recommend on here. I say recommend in the loosest sense, this film is dark, gritty, potentially realistic, and potentially depressing..... is depressing. It is not sugar coated, it is not beautiful, it does not end happily ever after, but it is interesting, hard hitting and the relationship between the two main characters is worth witnessing.

If you take your films with a pinch of salt don't watch this, if you take your films with a pinch of salt, a shot of tequila and some lime then you will be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment