Tuesday 23 April 2013

Moonrise Kingdom

I can finally tick music off my blog to do list (for the moment) or at least until I head back into London to see Amanda Palmer later in the year. I interestingly have a comedy gig to go to in the meantime, interesting because I have never witnessed a comedian first hand except when I followed Jimmy Carr in the tube (by accident).

Name drop, swooped in and pow! LOOK HOW CULTURED I AM...... If only that were true..... 

I have a few other CD's that I have to shout about due to being addicted to them but there is no rush, so I shall tackle my backlog of films first and then get onto writing about my latest painting and Spring (!!!). I have three films to write up, two, good for different reasons and one disappointment. I am going to attempt to watch the The Deep Blue Sea this evening and come out of it with my joie de vivre intact. I hear this is likely to be impossible due to the nature of the film. Hmm maybe I will watch it tomorrow, or maybe even the day after tomorrow.....

The first film to mention is Moonrise Kingdom, mostly highlighted because I seem to greatly enjoy films by Wes Anderson. I think this is due to a combination of the strange panning elevational camera shots, the attention to detail. the poise and the deadpan nature of the understated and eccentric characters he portrays. The films also say a lot without words. I am one of those people that gets easily overwhelmed by words, so yes, I do mostly hate Woody Allen films.  

Anyway, Moonrise Kingdom is a must if you like:
  • Wes Anderson
  • A famous cast playing non typical roles.
  • Bruce Willis as a non action policeman (well except one bit)
  • Scouts
  • Scouts
  • Scouts
  • Young love
  • Did I say scouts?
  • And storms


No comments:

Post a Comment