Sunday 18 August 2013

Bland Companion

Today has been a proper Sunday - I have spent all day in my 'painting' clothes sorting out another picture and drawing on the walls. (Intentionally)

I have become so Canyoned out trying to capture the Grand Canyon that I was starting to wish I had never decided to pick up a paintbrush. There is nothing so infuriating as painting and getting nothing from it other than a feeling of frustration and another image mis-captured. I decided it was time to try something different...

First step - framing one of my sketches to make me like it a little more....


Second step - finally deciding on a pattern and drawing some of it out in the hallway of my flat.
Third step - having a go at painting something that doesn't start with the letters G.C. and rhyme with bland companion.

So step one and two worked well, step three did not. Turns out my latest picture does still look a little grand canyon-esque. I like this one though and painting it felt good, in fact I nailed it.

I am looking forward to blogging about this picture soon......


1 comment:

  1. Hall Walls!!!??? What have you been up to!
    So very excited to come and see! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete