Wednesday 28 August 2013

Everything Must Go!

Everything must go! (Or at least a couple of things) I am quickly running out of canvas storage space in my flat and I would quite like to stockpile a few more sizes ready and prepped for painting. Unless I want to start sharing my bed with these blank canvasses, drastic measures are in order.

Did someone say SALE?

A sale is a good way to hopefully clear the decks a little, but I have learnt two things about sales already. Number 1, don't say the sale starts at midnight as then you need to stay up until midnight to set it running. Number 2, don't decide to start the sale after you have been out for dinner and had two large glasses of wine. One painting read 'now £19,440 instead of £194.40'! Now that really is a bargain! A small piece of me is tempted to 'accidentally' leave it and keep my fingers crossed, I probably have more chance of selling a painting for £20,000 than winning the lottery let's face it.

Trying to price a painting is always difficult especially when you have an attitude similar to mine which flows along the lines of 'please, please, just take it if you like it, I don't mind. No, I don't need any money, it is going to a good home' Maybe this selling at 27 pence per square inch is an idea I will keep......

In the meantime if you would like to purchase a painting please get in touch through my blog, facebook or my website or just click here to go straight to my orders page. Either way, thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment