Tuesday 14 January 2014

If Mondrian did cardboard boxes...

It is sunny today, but I am having to wait inside for the courier to come as I managed to sell another painting yesterday. The Scott Monument was sold within seconds of it going online which is a sales speed record, although Speared managed to go after a preview on Facebook. I like these hot off the press sales although it doesn't really help me replenish my stocks, but I definitely don't mind that!

I bought a job lot of new picture corners, 100m of bubble wrap and some fragile labels the other day after finally sourcing a good offer on the internet. I realised earlier that I was quite excited to use the fragile labels today for the first time, which maybe makes me feel like I ought to go out speed dating more often! It does make sense though because with every extra purchase, preparation or bit of organisation I feel a bit closer to 'making it' at least until I realise I need to sell about a 100 paintings a year to make a reasonable salary! As I only painted 34 paintings in the entirety of last year I may well need to massively up my productivity! Finding the time is not always easy, which is why I need to make sure when things are quiet on the architecture front I get the paints out pronto!

The next thing to source will be some packing boxes, and then I will know I really am getting somewhere. Although I think sometimes, these 'parcels' are works of art in themselves...!



No comments:

Post a Comment