Sunday 2 February 2014

Mary & Max

I have been umming and ahhing about whether to include this film on 'my list' or not as it is a little bit strange, but considering the fact that my memory is atrocious and it has managed to bubble around in it for this long I think I should just bite the bullet and do a blog post. It also seems slightly more appropriate to do it today as one of the stars - Philip Seymour Hoffman has apparently just been found dead in his apartment in New York. He is an actor I greatly admire, so this is rather sad.

The film in question is Mary and Max which is quite a humorously endearing story about two lonely people who become pen-pals, one a bullied girl and one a Jewish guy with Aspergers. I think that probably says it all. The animation itself is also sightly intriguing as it has been done 'Wallace and Gromit' style but in sepia (or as good as done in sepia).

I don't really know what else to say about it, so instead I shall just include the trailer for your perusal.



No comments:

Post a Comment