Thursday 6 February 2014

Winter Beats

I can't seem to stop procrastinating today. Half the day is over and I have very little to show for it thus far, except for a very nice cooked breakfast, but I don't think that is going to be overly beneficial to me in the long run unless having high cholesterol is a good thing? Never mind, I guess you can't be on the ball everyday. I shall make up for the lack of effort this morning by finishing off making some more cards (my supplies were running low having already sold about 70 of them) and I have an idea in my head for a painting which I shall try and start later. I have no idea why, but I find it very difficult to paint in the day. I can in fact have nothing to do but can't start painting until after 6pm at the earliest. I can count the amount of daylight paintings I have done on one hand which always seems slightly strange, but maybe I need the magic of the night to spur me on.

I think that makes me a little bit more eccentric though, nudge, nudge, wink wink.

I am also trying to decide whether I ought to buy some more canvasses, I still have 7 left but I would quite like some square ones and I only have one left of my favourite size (30" x 24") but I am supposed to be saving up some spending money for my holiday. There is also a half price offer on an A2 sized easel. It is a real bargain and would mean I could stop propping my work up on the radiator (I sit on the floor to work) but it isn't really big enough and I can't quite decide whether I would actually use it? Who knows?

One thing I do know, is that today doesn't seem like a day for decision making, or being productive full stop. Come on Laura, *kick up the backside.*


No comments:

Post a Comment