Monday 5 May 2014

The Selfish Giant

I am so tired today. In fact, am I actually awake? *Pinch* Ouch, yes, yes I am. Damn.

I stayed up late yesterday to finish my work so I could have another chill out day today. This has backfired slightly as I have been too tired to really do anything constructive. I am currently trying to decide whether to call it a day and just watch TV and have an early night or paint. I sometimes hate the 'or paint' option. I normally choose it in preference to anything else regardless of how I am feeling. I am not sure today though, I really am half dead. It will be my only opportunity for a week though so should I make the most of it?

I have just realised this post is very boring, let's talk about something else.

I had a new Lovefilm to watch on Friday. Wow. It was a slightly devastating watch. It was interesting - an unusual story, very believable characters, some nice cinematic shots but so, so sad. It still makes me feel slightly horrible just thinking about it. I think the worst thing was you could kind of see it coming, but you didn't think it actually would until. BAM. Hits you right between the eyes, steals a piece of your heart, and leaves you exclaiming in horror. I am not going to recommend watching it as such, only watch it if you want something real, sad, and well made. This is not for fun in anyway. To help you decide, here is the trailer for 'The Selfish Giant' it is an acclaimed film, for good reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment