Friday 27 June 2014

Collaboration

As I actually have some free time today and too many posts in my head to write about, I thought I would write them all this afternoon and then set them to publish to a schedule of some description. It will be interesting to see whether this is helpful/ successful or not. I have a feeling it may just result in me coming back here in a week not remembering anything I have written about. At least if that is the case I might find the posts interesting to read to rediscover what I have been up to.

I really need life to slow down a little.

So firstly, lets go with the Butcher's Dog magazine that used Plinth as its front cover (yes, I know I mention this all the time but I got my copy the other day, and I am excited so mnah :-P )


It is an A5 gem of a book, and I am so happy to be a part of it. Well made, well written and the cover just goes. I like the thought of contributing to an artistic item. It seems like a lot of artists are part of communes or groups attached to a time or a place in history. Being an artist is sometimes quite solitary, you do your own work, your own way on your own, or at least I do, so for once it is nice to feel part of something bigger and more collaborative. Fingers crossed I can do more things like this in the future. Nobody wants to be a Billy No Mates all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment