Tuesday 30 September 2014

OXO Towers

So.... I don't know how my start of writing 'Birth Certificates' works when the painting is a commission. Then, it is less of an idea, more of a doing what I am asked. Well, I suppose there is an idea of sorts but it is more interpretation and client led, rather than pure thought on my part.

So maybe I'll just post commissions as regular 'look at me' paintings.  


Before you ask, yes, I do know there are three paintings here, all almost the same. The one in the middle was my first commission of the OXO Tower in London, the one on the far right the second commission and the one on the left the third; Well, part two of the second commission. Part two because I misinterpreted the style required in the second commission so I did another version to see if that was more what the client had in mind. It was, fortunately(!). This does mean I have a spare OXO Tower up my sleeve if anyone wants (another) one.

I find the OXO Tower a tough subject to paint because there is not much to it. It is simple and awkward to compose in an interesting fashion. It is also quite a stark, clean and crisp building which is not good as I find it very difficult to be neat. Not a natural choice, but I think I did an ok job.

No comments:

Post a Comment