Friday 3 October 2014

Disney Magic

This commission was a particularly fun one to do. I had already been thinking that at some point I would like to paint the Disney Castle (and Hogwarts for that matter) but I ended up doing it rather sooner than expected. 

I was initially apprehensive - the request was for an A3 canvas with fireworks. How do you paint fireworks? And, given the option, I would have rather the canvas was considerably larger - more like a 30" x 24" one as I find small canvasses to be a bit restrictive. 

I always like a challenge though....


In the end, the fireworks were the easiest bit to do and I didn't struggle with the size as much as I thought I would. I guess you just adapt and work to the constraints you have. Fortunately the last few paintings I had completed were small(er) ones so I had at least had some practice. 

It does leave me feeling a bit like I need to paint something massive next (or soon)......

No comments:

Post a Comment