Friday 21 November 2014

Spinnaker Tower

Seriously, where is time going at the moment? Every time I think 'I only wrote on my blog yesterday, maybe the day before' 5 days have passed. At least that is what I wrote when I initially drafted this post (by drafted I mean I saved a whole sentence). 7 days have passed now which I think equates to an epic fail. Oh well, better late than never!

It seems as though I may have got too used to exciting art things happening as nothing has happened for a couple of weeks and I am getting fed up and disheartened. It seems harsh as I have just been asked to write an article about my creativity for inclusion in an e-book, and I recently completed negotiations with the Oxford University Press to allow them to publish the Spinnaker Tower in an English Language Text Book. I have also had the go ahead to publish and sell some calendars on Amazon. Two of them have been approved already and I have four more in the pipeline.  All that and a slightly complicated commission to undertake in time for Christmas.

'The Spinnaker Tower' Coming to a school near you! 
Wow. Put like that I sound busy and successful. Maybe I need to write down and focus on the good things that have happened this year rather than worrying about the fact that I am slightly unmotivated and drained at the moment. I sometimes find it difficult to relax and switch off unless I am not in my flat. The temptation when I am at home is to work, work, work, which sometimes does nobody any good. It might be time for a stay at home holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment