Thursday 13 November 2014

Superb

Is it bad that it is only ten past 5 in the afternoon and I want to go to bed? Is it even more bad that I have felt like this for the last couple of hours? I don't know what is wrong with me this week but I am totally burnt out.

I think an early night is called for and possibly a lie in. First, or before I even consider going to bed, I need to package up a painting. New York, New York has just had the confirmation through that it is going to live in Gloucestershire! This is exciting as it is my largest painting sale yet, and I hope is an indication of things to come. It is strange, I have sold two paintings of Times Square and I have been sad to see both of them go, this one more so than the other, even though the other lived on my bedroom wall for 2 years before it left.

Left: 'Times Square' Right: 'New York, New York'

I guess this means I may be painting another; I shall add it to my list of obsessions along with St Paul's, Tower Bridge and St Basil's in Moscow, I have a feeling I will paint all of these again in the not too distant future.

In the meantime this last sale with Artgallery.co.uk has finally got me 5 out of 5 stars and the accolade of being 'Superb.' It seems like I am going up in the world, I think that is what New York does to you....

No comments:

Post a Comment