Tuesday 23 June 2015

New Leaf.

So how do you turn over a blog new leaf? God knows I need to. I am slowly catching up with some art admin but not at a speed that would make anybody impressed. I am managing to paint, once in a blue moon, sometimes more often, often less. I am artistically frustrated but I do have a bit of a social life, and some money.

I didn't realise these would be the and/or's  - painting, no money, no social life, satisfied versus no painting, money, social life and frustrated.

Great.

There must be a balance in there somewhere if I could just find it. In fairness I am starting to manage my architecture workload better, get up earlier and plan art stuff into my day. I think instead of putting art last on the list, I need to put it higher up - maybe in the middle - so when some of my deadlines are met, I can take a break and blog, or write, or paint, or website, or plan. Just generally do what makes me, me.

The architecture is definitely on the up, the art is currently plateaued, dangerously balanced on a steep slope. I need to get this all going again before it starts rolling backwards.

Come on. We can do this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment