Wednesday 5 August 2015

Coffee?

As I still haven't had a chance to sort through my photos I thought I would share another artistic experiment with you instead. A while ago (a long while ago) I went to a pottery painting place with my sister and nieces. This is basically a place where you can choose a piece of pottery, unfired, paint it and then they will glaze/fire it for you. There are lots of items to choose from - plates, cake shaped pots, skulls, tea pots, coffee pots, cups, mugs, saucers, bowls and probably lots of other things I have forgotten. There were lots of paint colours to choose from as well, as well as paint pens.

I was particularly taken with a coffee pot; something about its slightly strange shape seemed to speak to me at the time. Apart from the fact that I slightly wish I had gone prepped with a design, for a first attempt, and one off-the-cuff as it where, I think this pot will do.


No comments:

Post a Comment