Thursday 15 October 2015

Artistic Temperament

I managed to paint earlier this week on Tuesday, after making the executive decision to ignore my architecture work and go to the gym and do a painting in the afternoon/evening. I slept so well afterwards it was ridiculous! I am really suffering from artistic frustrations at the moment. I have so much art I need to do and so much I want to do it is driving me crazy. As I originally decided to go freelance so I would have time to devote to my art I think I need to make some changes. Life is currently 'Architecture Slave' 1, 'Art' nil, and this is all wrong - it is time to call full time.

I haven't quite worked out what this means yet, but I absolutely, definitely, positively, must redress the balance. Whether that means art in the afternoons, or one architecture free day a week I am not sure. I have never been this consistently busy before so it hasn't been an issue, but as this period has been going on for over 6 months I don't think it is going to dissipate any time soon, so I ought to do something about it. I was going to say I am sure Van Gogh never had this problem but then I think most artists battle with something - women, money, drink, depression so maybe I got off lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment