Monday 19 October 2015

Pentatonix

I went to see a band the other day at the O2 Forum in Kentish Town, and a solo artist the week before, and another band ages ago at the Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith. I have been meaning to write about all of them, repeatedly. I also want to write about Hamlet with Benedict Cumberbatch and Dangerous Games - Lord of the Dance.

OH MY GOD. Why is there always so much going on?

I shouldn't complain really as I am spoilt most of the time, not everyone gets to do these things or experience such a wide variety of cultural activities. I just need an 8 day week, so I can do all of these things and then have a spare day to blog, or paint or update. I need to paint my Christmas cards for this year and I am well aware of the fact that I am completely running out of time. Just as well I work well under pressure. Kind of.

But I am going off point. Let's start with the first band I went to see at the Eventim. Pentatonix are an American acapella group consisting of 5 vocalists originating from Arlington Texas (thank you Wikipedia). They have been going for about 4 years and are beyond impressive. I don't really think I need to say much more other than 'watch this video' it does the talking (or the singing) much better than I could.


How can you do all of those things with just your voice? (One of them, also has the deepest, drool worthiest voice I have ever heard. Will probably ever hear. )

No comments:

Post a Comment