Tuesday 27 September 2016

The Swallow's Nest.

Today has been an unusual day. Anyone that knows me, knows I am obsessed with the number 27. It is very much religiously my lucky number and for good reason normally. Today is no exception. It is the 27th of September 2016 and I just sold a painting. Bizarrely a painting that I created on the 27th of September 2015. Strange coincidence, yes? Even stranger as I sold it twice.

How does that work!?

Well, it doesn't, I managed to sell it through two different websites within an hour of each other. Seriously? What are the chances? I also sold a painting yesterday, and apparently another one today, so I am definitely having one of those art moments that still takes me completely by surprise.

Surprised in a happy way and also sad to see this painting go - it was one of my favourites:

The Swallow's Nest 20" x 16" 
It is based on The Swallow's Nest - a castle in the Crimea overlooking the Black Sea. I felt the rest. I could tell you why the sky is stripy, why it is snowing and why the sea is black. I could highlight the swirling wind, the steady stars and the solid castle. But I prefer you to draw your own conclusions on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment