Sunday 16 April 2017

Exhibition

So, as promised, here are a couple of photos from my exhibition. The space is rather difficult to photograph, and was in fact, slightly difficult to hang. Thank goodness I had vaguely planned out my painting sizes and positions, as in the end, it meant I could display 18 paintings, which amounts to a pretty big show!


I am still at amazed at how well the paintings worked against this somewhat intimidating orange wall.


As you can see, not a conventional space.... it is also surprisingly difficult to stand out against brick walls....

Regardless of the success of the exhibition, so far one painting has sold and 2 are partially under offer, it has been interesting to see them all together and witness how they transformed the space. They definitely add a buzz and a vibrancy to the cafe that was previously lacking with their blank walls. I have also been assured that the footfall at the Quay Arts Centre, is pretty big, so even if the paintings aren't re-homed they will be seen. It is after-all, difficult to ignore them!

They are also up during the Easter Holidays and whilst Richard Long - a Turner Prize winner has an exhibition on upstairs. I don't really think that could have been timed much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment