Wednesday 19 April 2017

Graffiti

As a special post exhibition treat, one of my friends invited me to join a graffiti workshop class she was attending with the Maidenhead Ladies Circle. I can't resist trying out a new artistic method so I eagerly agreed. I have no experience of spray painting at all and was interested to see what the 'class' involved. It was a bit of a cheat experience really as they provided us with about a thousand stencils to help make our 'works of art' but that was fine by me. We still had to chose the pieces, compose, pick colours and spray intensely or otherwise, so there was still a lot of creativity involved. I actually loved it. Loved picking the colours, loved picking different stencils and effects and the fact that the spray colours go over everything, white over colour, anything over black. It didn't matter.

I think I might be addicted.

I can't help thinking about creating a piece using spray paint as the background and the trees, plants etc and acrylics as the building, or foreground. Metallic leaf thrown in as well, maybe on one of my massive canvasses. I can already feel the urge to buy some spray paints, a face mask and a boiler suit and clearing the garage in anticipation. Then I can take this first try out to a new dimension.


I definitely think this is going to happen. But first, a holiday (another one).

No comments:

Post a Comment