Tuesday 10 October 2017

Las Fran Paris Beach....

I have recently returned from inspiration collecting after road tripping across some of the national parks in California. It is safe to say I have seen some spectacular scenery, and hopefully have some photos to prove it. I have just managed to clear the painting decks after painting a commission this weekend that has been in the pipeline for a while, so this should mean good things for painting time to come, at least I hope so. I am feeling a bit burnt out still. Feeling burnt out is strange, I feel like nothing would help more than sitting down and doing a painting, but I need to be in the right frame of mind, and it is always surprising how much painting takes out of me, so I need to have some mental energy too. I think I need to give my brain some time to file first, but I definitely have some good paintings to come, that is assuming I can choose between my inspiration photos. That is one problem about seeing too much, I hope I am not going to have a Grand Canyon explosion again!

In the meantime my recently completed commission was certainly a challenge. I was requested to put The Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach all in one picture. A bit of a tall order but somehow I managed!

Behold: Las Fran Paris Beach....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment