Saturday 18 November 2017

Black Star

Today has been rather frustrating. I feel like I have spent half of the day trying to sort out my annual Christmas card order. Firstly because the offer wasn't working and then secondly because the template wasn't working either. The company solved the offer issue, and my computer eventually solved the other issue by letting me use Internet Explorer rather than Safari, Chrome or Microsoft Edge - none of which were loading the website properly. But anyway, all ordered now and just my to-do list to update so I can remove some more items from my memory.

Today seems like a slightly less positive day than yesterday, but still, lots of stuff sorted out so that is all good. I have also prepped some items for my usual new year give away, as well as sorting out some raffle prizes for the Maidenhead Ladies Circle Christmas party. I am certainly getting out and about a bit more if nothing else! I also managed to order a couple of 100 piece puzzles of my work to give to a local charity which are running out of small puzzles for their members to do!

Just call me Florence.

Also, for some reason I wanted to share the following photo and soundtrack with you. Shortly after David Bowie died, I listened to some of his final work - most notably the title track 'Black Star'. I find the song quite haunting When I was sorting through my US photos I converted one of them to black and white and subsequently was compelled to call it 'Black Star'. These now seem to have developed such a strong connection in my mind that I can't seem to separate them, or stop thinking about them. As with all blocks, I work on the principle that a problem shared is a problem halved. So here it is - my tribute to David Bowie....



And if you are interested, you can listen to the song and watch the video here


No comments:

Post a Comment